In next four hours Apple will be begin the WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference) 2013. Apple is known to be a secretive company. And yes till now there is no official information what Apple is going to unveil. Well we can always expect things. So here are few things you should expect from WWDC 2013.
- iOS 7 – is now under Jonathan Ive. It is expected to go much more flatter with a simpler user interface. And as Tim Cooks confirmed at the D11 Conference that some new cool API’s are coming, we can expect some new software features and API’s which will open large opportunities for new applications.
- Mac OS X 10.9 – Apple OS X banners are all over the Moscone Center. And we can expect the new Mac OS X operating system. It is expected to imbibe certain features from iOS 7 and also bring in some new cool features itself like support for 802.11ac Wifi protocol.
- Laptops – Apple is expected to update MacBook Pro and MacBook Air with the new Intel Haswell processors. The Haswell processors support higher screen resolutions. So we can also expect the MacBook Air and 13 inch MacBook Pro to get better screen resolution too. They will probably support Mac OS X 10.9 too.
- Airport Devices – Due to the 802.11ac support coming in, we can expect new Apple Airport Extreme and Time Capsule with better storage and 802.11ac support.
- Mac Pro – This product needs a severe update. Users have been waiting for the update for past couple of years. But as the Apple employee says it will turn out to be a good wait. So there is some awesome surprise waiting for these users.
- iRadio – Apple is planning to strengthen its Music lead in the industry by launching a music streaming service like Spotify. However no pricing has been disclosed yet.
- App Updates – iLife and iWork have not been updated since 2010. And it needs a super nice upgrade with new themes and features. We can expect this lineup to be updated at this event. Again it is a rarity that they might get updated.
- iPhone 5S – I don’t think Apple will unveil it. Having so many products on the list, the iPhone 5S may get unveiled only in September. For the iPhone 5S Mini, we cannot comment. It is Apple who will let us know whether a device like this exists.