SanDisk Ultra Plus SSD is heavily priced. In India it is available for ₹30,973 whereas in USA it is available for $200. It has a good build quality. Though it is not the best quality but it is quite good. It is solid and robust. It is also lightweight at the same time.
- ATTO Disk Benchmark – The ATTO Disk Benchmark results have been measured for decremental, overlapped memory, neither overlapped nor I/O compression, incremental and random test patterns. The result says, the SSD is capable of providing maximum READ speeds of 476 MB/sec and maximum WRITE speeds of 433 MB/sec approximately.
- CrystalDiskMark v3.0.2 – gave maximum READ speed of 447.3 MB/sec and WRITE speeds of 373.2 MB/sec.
- AS SSD Benchmark – results gave 428.73 MB/sec READ speed and 362.80 MB/sec WRITE speed. AS SSD Copy Benchmark result were very close to the WRITE speeds. The speeds were 349.14 MB/sec, 214.89 MB/sec and 371.17 MB/sec for an ISO file, Program and Game respectively. The access time ranged from 0.079ms to 2.76ms. This is very quick. 5400RPM and 7200RPM hard drives don’t even come close to these results. The compression test gave maximum READ speeds of 489 MB/sec and maximum WRITE speeds of 420 MB/sec. There were quite a lot of fluctuations in the speeds. There were big drops in speeds which were observed at regular intervals. However the SSD came back up near its maximum speed.
Temperature & Performance
- Temperatures of the SSD were near 47˚ C during intensive activities like watching a 720p movie and writing big chunks of data simultaneously. The disk activity was around 30% on performing intensive operations on the SSD. Normally it was near 5%.
- A real world write test gave WRITE speed of 125 MB/sec on an average where a 20GB chunk of data was transferred from a 7200RPM drive to the SSD.
Overall I loved the SSD. It is a must for users who want their Operating System to load fast and get READ and WRITE speeds.
- Pros – Lightweight, Good Build Quality, Awesome Performance
- Cons – Memory, SATA III, Price (India)