I am someone who likes to stick to what the OS has to offer. But I found out this pretty neat trick on the Internet which allows us to change the Apple Logo which pops up in the login screen of your Mac OS X.
- Open Finder and go to your home folder
- Then go to the status bar and click on Go. Then click on Go to Folder.
- Type the following location, specified below and click on Ok
- We need to replace four files apple.png, firstname.lastname@example.org, apple_s1.png and email@example.com! Make sure you create a backup of these original files. There are 2 resolutions i.e. 80×95 and 160×190 for non-retina and retina display respectively. Make sure you have the same resolution images to avoid image from being stretched.
- Once you have replaced the image files, just boot your Mac and see the new image in the login screen. Have fun!
Speaking about the logo, I switched back to the original Apple Logo. Do share your login screens in the comment section below.